When I first acquired this module, I noticed that all of the RAM presets were missing. Needless to say, this got me extremely worried, and even factory resets did not fix the problem, though, thankfully, an OS update did.
Having fixed that problem, it seems that, while there are some great multisamples included, the same ones seem to be used across patches, which I suppose is understandable since we're talking a module with only 4 MB worth of sample data used in 384 patches. Still, it's hard to find an atonal sound in this module without hearing a 16-bit rendition of a waterphone.
Only other major gripe is the sound output volume. Unfortunately, I need to crank up the preamps on my audio interface a lot in order to make the sounds loud enough for decent-quality music over pink noise, even with the volume of the patches at full blast.
This is not to say that this is completely unuseable, however. In fact, I used one sound from it for a track in my upcoming EP, "An Alien World".
There are plenty of other updates as well, particularly for today, but that's best saved for a later bog entry to avoid overwhelming readers.
Thank you all for reading.